Friday 6 August 2010

The one where the liberation activist became a Tory activist

The big question of 2009/10 was "How can you be such a committed and passionate disabled activist and be a Tory?"

Bigger outrage came when an LGBT activist announced his Blue affiliation.

Well, I am a realist, a cynic, and I believe in welfare, ofcourse I do, but I also believe in society. I want benefits for those in need of benefits but opportunity to work, if you can, must be priority.

The truth is that liberation, unlike the labour election campaign, goes much further than section 28.

Theresa May and Iain Duncan Smith have plans for an improved benefit system that puts a stop to fraudulant claims and looks after those who need it.

So yes it is possible to be a Tory Liberation activist, I'm living proof

No comments:

Post a Comment